Re: [OWLWG-COMMENT] ISSUE-67 (reification): real semantic-free RDF-comments

>Pat Hayes wrote:
>
>>Hmm. But it also means that any RDF graph *entails* the same graph
>>with an arbitrary number of these triples added. So all graphs
>>entail themselves with random "comments" attached in random
>>"places". This does not seem like what one would want a reasoning
>>engine to do, so how does one give a semantic justification for not
>>allowing it?
>>

>If annotations are meaningless (as some people claim) then adding
>annotations does not change the meaning, and a reasoning engine that
>adds an annotation e.g.
>
>eg:eg
>   rdfs:comment "The reasoning engine loaded this at 6.34 pm" .
>
>then so be it.
>
>It is at least arguable - if people really want that, then I would
>like that to be clear.

Well, true. If that really is what people want. But I wonder if it
really is. Dark triples would be safer.

Pat

>Jeremy

IHMC		(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32502			(850)291 0667    cell