Re: [OWLWG-COMMENT] Punning and the "properties for classes" use case

Hi Peter,

I'd be grateful if you could help me with this one point -

On 02/11/2007, Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com> wrote:

> Well, RDF overloads URIs already.  A URI in RDF denotes a entity in the
> domain of discourse as well as that entity's property extension, which
> also carries the entity's class extension.

I assumed the resource identification here was (very loosely) like
saying 'that bag of peanuts' - the peanuts inside are an implicit
characteristic of the thing identified, even though you might not be
able to see them. Perhaps you could contrast RDF's approach with
another (OWL 1.1's?) which doesn't overload?

Cheers,
Danny.
--

http://dannyayers.com