Is the ontology structure stored seamlessly with its data?

From: Emanuele D'Arrigo <manu3d@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:54:04 +0100
To: "Semantic Web Interest Group" <semantic-web@w3.org>, "public-owl-dev-request@w3.org" <public-owl-dev@w3.org>

Hi everybody, me again, I hope I'm not wrong in sending this
email to both the SWIG and the public-owl-dev mailing lists.
Let me know if that's the case.

Another thing that is not quite clear in my mind right now is this:
are the sets of triplets describing the class and property hierarchies
of an ontology normally stored seamlessly alongside the data that
is classified and characterized by those classes and properties?

I.e., if I declare a class cat to be subClassOf Animal, are
all instances of cats stored in the exact same way as the
declaration of the class?

Manu