Re: IFP and datatype properties

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:20:40 +0000
To: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
CC: Denny Vrandecic <dvr@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>, Ulrike Sattler <sattler@cs.man.ac.uk>, Alex Tucker <alex@floop.org.uk>, public-owl-dev@w3.org

> On Mar 11, 2007, at 12:11 PM, Denny Vrandecic wrote:
>
>> Couldn't the combination of datatype IFPs and bounded subtypes be
>> restricted? Or, to put it differently, allow datatype IFPs only to
>> infinite concrete domains.

It's not clear that the distinction between infinite and very large
finite is one that is either necessary or compelling to users.

Like the double type is a very large finite type, but in practice, there
are enough.

I suspect the easiest rule for people to understand is not to say
'infinite' but to enumerate a set of acceptable datatypes: e.g. string,
integer and decimal.

Jeremy