Re: IFP and datatype properties

From: Alex Tucker <alex@floop.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 16:53:47 +0000
To: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
CC: public-owl-dev@w3.org

Alan,
> What i have done, for non-compound keys, is create a uri with the
> value embedded as a string, use and object property and make that
> inverse functional.
We've been following a similar pattern, essentially preferring
ObjectProperties over DatatypeProperties for the most part.  However,
Ian's assertion that the "tractability of reasoning ... depends on the
fact that they are typically *not* used in this way," worries me a
little, if, as users, we've all been expecting IFPs to cope.

Alex.