Re: Reflexivity and antisymmetry uses cases?

From: Michael Schneider <m_schnei@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 15:44:36 +0100
To: holger@topquadrant.com
CC: public-owl-dev@w3.org

Holger Knublauch wrote on Wed, 17 Jan 2007:

>  I don't remember a lot of requests for something
 > like owl:SelfRestriction on our mailing lists.

And AFAICS, nobody here in this thread has given an example for
SelfRestrictions, yet. I thought about it yesterday evening for a while,
but could not come up with any serious example. Well, besides this
standard toy class of "SelfLovers", wherein property "loves" is thought
to behave transitively. ;-)

It's easier for me to imagine that antisymmetry and ireflexivity could
become important, because, in combination with transitivity, I am able
to more precisely model all kinds of partial orderings between
instances, like e.g. ancestor relationships between people or events, or
inclusion relationships like "locatedIn"/"containedIn" between
geographical regions.

But where is the "killer application" for owl11:SelfRestriction?

Michael