Re: Responses to "Draft of charter for NextWebOnt (Proposed) Working Group"

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 17:02:45 -0500
Cc: Uli Sattler <Ulrike.Sattler@manchester.ac.uk>, public-owl-dev@w3.org, Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
To: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
On Jan 12, 2007, at 1:15 PM, Jim Hendler wrote:

>  I would like to see one "OWL Ultralite" that is as close to RDFS
> as possible

I'd be happy to look at the model theory or axiomatization of such a
beast, if it's available. Not having seen anything yet, it's hard to
say whether it's interesting, either practically or theoretically.

While I disagree that the TFs are motivated by "theoretical aspects"
only, they have the virtue of having been written down and can be
discussed publicly.

Cheers,
Kendall