Re: perspectives on OWL v.next and RDF

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:43:26 +0100
To: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: "Kendall Clark" <kendall@monkeyfist.com>, public-owl-dev@w3.org

On 15/11/06, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 12:13 +0100, Danny Ayers wrote:
> > On 14/11/06, Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I consistently fail to understand the import of that kind of claim,
> > > as it seems to suggest that the public Semantic Web is the most
> > > important thing.
> >
> > The (Semantic) Web is a public entity.
>
> Oh? I don't think so.

Sorry, I forgot an important qualifier (which I'd included when I
previously commented on this question on Kendall's blog): - The Web is
essentially a public entity (even if areas are covered by significant
access controls).

Also:
[[
My definition of the Web is a universe of network-accessible information...
]]
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Architecture.html

Cheers,
Danny.