comment on rdf:text: A Datatype for Internationalized Text

From: Andrew Eisenberg <andrew.eisenberg@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 11:56:57 -0400
To: public-owl-comments@w3.org
Cc: "C. M. Sperberg-McQueen" <cmsmcq@blackmesatech.com>, w3c-xsl-query@w3.org
On May 12, during a joint meeting of the XML Query WG and the XSL WG, we
discussed both rdf:text: A Datatype for Internationalized Text and the
comment submitted by Michael Sperberg-McQueen [1].

We share the concern raised in Michael's first comment, labeled "Typo in
two namespace names?". In section 2, Preliminaries, of your specification,
we see:
        - the prefix name fn: stands for

In our Functions and Operators [2], in section 1.2, Namespaces and
Prefixes, we say:

The URIs of the namespaces and the default prefixes associated with them

    * http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema for constructors -- associated with
    * http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions for functions -- associated
with fn.
    * http://www.w3.org/2005/xqt-errors -- associated with err.

                                                -- Andrew

[1] comments on http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-rdf-text-20090421/

[2] XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Functions and Operators

Andrew Eisenberg
4 Technology Park Drive
Westford, MA  01886