RIF perspective on supported datatypes

From: Chris Welty <cawelty@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:15:58 -0500
To: public-owl-comments@w3.org

In our discussions in the RIF WG on using RIF Core to represent the rules in the
OWL-RL profile, we could not perceive value for our user base in adopting
owl:rational but noted that is already At Risk in the current OWL2 drafts. We
also did not see value in requiring support for the string subtypes
xsd:normalizedString, xsd:token, xsd:Name, xsd:NCName and xsd:NMTOKEN, though
these are still under discussion.

This comment began within the context of the OWL-RL profile, however we would
like to work towards a common set of datatypes for the semantic web.

-RIF WG