Re: camelCase for event listeners

On 2014-04-08 01:42, cowwoc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In reading http://ortc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/ortc.html I
> noticed that you use camelCase for all identifiers except event
> listeners, which use all-lowercase names. I personally find lowercase
> names harder to read, especially for longer names.
>
> Would you consider changing these to camelCase instead?

Hi

It seems to be a convention among web APIs using DOM events to keep the
event handler attribute names in all lower case. I agree that it's not
the prettiest thing in the world. I guess one reason is an other
convention to have event names, e.g. "canplay" (media element), in lower
case and the attribute name is simply the result of prepending "on".

BR
Adam