Re: Web standards, Openness and Transparency

On 8/5/14 7:47 PM, Charlie Carter wrote:
> My name is Charlie Carter, and I operate a small web accessibility
> consultancy here in Brisbane, Australia. Relatively new to the game
> but, like Brian's intro below - I also share the same sentiments on
> keeping engaged with the W3C's standards and future strategies. My
> goal has always been to understand the needs of the end user and I'm
> putting myself out there to participate and most importantly, learn
> more about an organisation that I believe needs to do more to
> encourage people like myself - who are young, energetic and
> enthusiastic in making a positive start for a career focused on web
> accessibility.

Thanks for this introduction Charlie!

I don't follow the Consortium's accessibility work as closely as I
should (or would like to), but in case you did not know, the
Consortium's Accessibility Initiative has an Interest Group that might
be helpful for you (re the above). The IG's home page is
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/IG/Overview.html> and its mail list archive is
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/>. This Initiative also
has an Education and Outreach group
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Overview.html>.

Steve or Léonie or other members of the group that are familiar with WAI
might be able to provide some helpful tips/pointers for you.

-Thanks, AB