Re: Using RDF statements as an annotation body?

I think I found a solution by annotating the statements (e.g. an
ObjectPropertyAssertion) with an annotation using "hasTarget" as the
annotation property.

For example, if I want to use the RDF statement <Subject, Property, Object>
to annotate a target pdf located somewhere in the internet, I would use the
following rationale:

<ObjectPropertyAssertion>
        <Annotation>
            <AnnotationProperty IRI="http://www.w3.org/ns/oa#hasTarget"/>
            <AnonymousIndividual
nodeID="_:genid-f7b71d4c-657e-40bc-bc69-31fc3af8b603"/>
        </Annotation>
        <ObjectProperty IRI="<Predicate>"/>
        <NamedIndividual IRI="<Subject>"/>
        <NamedIndividual IRI="<Object>"/>
</ObjectPropertyAssertion>

<ObjectPropertyAssertion>
        <ObjectProperty IRI="http://www.w3.org/ns/oa#hasSelector"/>
        <AnonymousIndividual
nodeID="_:genid-f7b71d4c-657e-40bc-bc69-31fc3af8b603"/>
        <NamedIndividual IRI="#selector_1"/>
</ObjectPropertyAssertion>

<ClassAssertion>
        <Class IRI="http://www.w3.org/ns/oa#TextQuoteSelector"/>
        <NamedIndividual IRI="#selector_1"/>
    </ClassAssertion>

<DataPropertyAssertion>
        <DataProperty IRI="http://www.w3.org/ns/oa#exact"/>
        <NamedIndividual IRI="#selector_1"/>
        <Literal datatypeIRI="
http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#PlainLiteral">some text</Literal>
</DataPropertyAssertion>

 <DataPropertyAssertion>
        <DataProperty IRI="http://www.w3.org/ns/oa#prefix"/>
        <NamedIndividual IRI="#selector_1"/>
        <Literal datatypeIRI="
http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#PlainLiteral">some
prefix</Literal>
</DataPropertyAssertion>

<DataPropertyAssertion>
        <DataProperty IRI="http://www.w3.org/ns/oa#suffix"/>
        <NamedIndividual IRI="#selector_1"/>
        <Literal datatypeIRI="
http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#PlainLiteral">some
suffix</Literal>
</DataPropertyAssertion>

It can be done in protege by annotating a statement using the "@" symbol on
the right of each property assertion (namely the original <Subject,
Property, Object> statement), in the "Property assertions" view.

I am not really sure that it is fully compliant but it seems Ok to me.

Best regards,
Pantelis Natsiavas

Παντελής Νατσιάβας
Μηχανικός Λογισμικού, ΜΔΕ,
Συνεργαζόμενος Ερευνητής, Υποψήφιος Διδάκτορας
Ινστιτούτο Εφαρμοσμένων Βιοεπιστημών
Εθνικό Κέντρο Έρευνας & Τεχνολογικής Ανάπτυξης
6ο χλμ. Χαριλάου-Θέρμης, Θέρμη, Θεσσαλονίκη
Ταχ. Θυρίδα: 60361, 57001, Ελλάδα
Τηλ.: +30 2311257606, Skype: pantelis.natsiavas
Email: pnatsiavas@certh.gr

Pantelis Natsiavas
Electrical and Computer Engineer, MEng, MSc
Research Associate, PhD candidate
Institute of Applied Biosciences
Centre for Research & Technology Hellas
6th Km. Charilaou-Thermi Road, Thermi, Thessaloniki
P.O. Box 60361, GR 57001, Greece
Tel.: +30 2311257606, Skype: pantelis.natsiavas
Email: pnatsiavas@certh.gr