Re: Using RDF statements as an annotation body?

I can't speak to Protege as an environment, but the way that Christian
suggests is the way that I would also suggest for systems that support
named graphs (which are easy in JSON-LD, less easy in other serializations).

An alternative is to serialize the triples to be annotated into a string,
and then use the existing patterns for annotating strings:

{
  "type": "Annotation",
  "body": {
    "type": "TextualBody",
    "format": "text/turtle"
  },
  "target": ...
}

This means that the body would need to be parsed out from its string, but
keeps the body triples separate from the annotation triples.

Hope that helps,

Rob

--
Rob Sanderson