Re: Web annotated by freebase concepts

Hi Karin,

On 25.07.13 15:41, Karin Verspoor wrote:
> BTW I am still working (in irregular and infrequent bursts) on trying
> to align OA with other text annotation models for corpora.  Here is
> my current work-in-progress:
> https://github.com/dbcls/bh13/wiki/Annotation-data-model  Any
> comments welcome. One key representational choice that many
> text/corpus annotation models assume is that a document can be
> divided into segments/sections/paragraphs and annotation spans might
> be relative to those segments.

That is an interesting issue, that we are also facing with our richly
"markupped" historical texts. As our texts are encoded in XML we were so
far leaning towards using fragment identifiers with an xpointer scheme.

The classicists also have CITE/CTS
(http://www.homermultitext.org/hmt-doc/cite/index.html) URNs/URIs.

Could those be mapped to your model?

Cheers
	Robert

--
Dr. Robert Casties -- Information Technology Group
Max Planck Institute for the History of Science