Re: Web annotated by freebase concepts

From: Karin Verspoor <Karin.Verspoor@nicta.com.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 13:41:22 +0000
To: Dan Whaley <dwhaley@hypothes.is>
CC: "public-openannotation@w3.org" <public-openannotation@w3.org>
I don't know the specific individuals at Google, but I do know people integrally involved with the development of the CLUEWeb corpus, as well as other people doing NLP/text mining at Google. I'd be happy to forward this thread on and keep you posted with any response.

BTW I am still working (in irregular and infrequent bursts) on trying to align OA with other text annotation models for corpora.  Here is my current work-in-progress: https://github.com/dbcls/bh13/wiki/Annotation-data-model  Any comments welcome. One key representational choice that many text/corpus annotation models assume is that a document can be divided into segments/sections/paragraphs and annotation spans might be relative to those segments.

Best regards,
Karin