Re: New Draft comments: Multiplicity

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl> wrote:

>>> Yes, and I think the best way not to forget about it is to note the
>>> subclass mapping :-)
>>
>> In the description we now talk about "equivalent classes",
>
> Note: as you put it below, Alt and Bag should not be equivalent classes to
> Choice and Composite.

Yes, not in the OWL sense.

>>> I'd argue that mentioning the axioms is useful even if the data producers
>>> are the ones in charge of applying them...
>> Could you write up a paragraph or so for them? Agreed that it would be
>> good to be clear, and I'm not sure that I would do them justice.
>
> Editor's note: an algorithm to automatically derive oa:item statements from

If we can get this finalized, I would like it to be just part of the
specification rather than an editor's note.  I think it's valuable to
explain.

> the rdf:first/rdf:list pattern could be:
>  1. Create a statement [l oa:item i .] for every statement [l rdf:first i .]

Shouldn't there ever only be one rdf:first per rdf:List?

>  2. Create a statement [l oa:item i .] for every chain of statements [l
> rdf:rest r . r oa:item i .] until no new statement can be created.

Doesn't this imply that rdf:nil is also an oa:item of the List?  Can
we avoid that?

Rob