Re: New Draft comments: textual bodies

I agree that both are needed.  I don't agree there is no problem.

If I am not mistaken, OWL DL, at least, requires that data properties
not be object properties, and if oa:hasBody is declared as both, then
it is turned into two predicates with the same name.  Surely this
problem is not restricted to hasBody and all such properties would
seem to have only these three solutions:
1. implicitly or explicitly duplicate such properties.
2. Take the possibility of an OWL DL representation of OA off the
table (or any other ontology with such a restriction )
3. Adopt some solution like Content in RDF, wherein hasBody remains an
object property, and literals are hung off an object of standardized
type.

FWIW, some of dcmi-terms is a mess because of not treating this
problem rigorously.

Bob Morris

--
Robert A. Morris

Emeritus Professor  of Computer Science
UMASS-Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd
Boston, MA 02125-3390

IT Staff
Filtered Push Project
Harvard University Herbaria
Harvard University

email: morris.bob@gmail.com
web: http://efg.cs.umb.edu/
web: http://etaxonomy.org/mw/FilteredPush
http://www.cs.umb.edu/~ram
===
The content of this communication is made entirely on my
own behalf and in no way should be deemed to express
official positions of The University of Massachusetts at Boston or
Harvard University.