Re: modeling authority resources with oa:Motivation

> Hi Bob,
>
> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Bob Morris<morris.bob@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> <anno1>  a oa:Annotation;
>> oa:motivatedBy oa:editing;
>> oa:motivatedBy fp:authorityConformance a oa:Motivation
>>    [fp:conformsTo<http://authority.org/fp/theRuleset#Rule1>  ] ;
>
>> The first motivation is meant to convey that a change to the Target is
>> proposed in the Body. The second is meant to be an assertion that the
>> annotator believes the edit will bring the the Target into compliance
>> with an authority, and that is another reason the Annotation is
>> offered.
>
>> 1. Is this a reasonable use of oa:motivatedBy and
>
> I believe so, because it clarifies the reason the Annotation was
> created.  It's an edit ... that will bring the target into compliance.
> To me that fits exactly the role that Motivations are intended to provide.
>

>> 2.  (less important at this point) Is authorityConformance of
>> sufficient interest to be added to the list of oa:Motivation
>> instances?
>
> I think it's too specific, personally, for the spec.  But a list
> (cough registry) of Motivations would be a great thing to have to
> reduce the number of duplicates.
>
>> p.s. "Anything can be a motivation." is not an entirely satisfactory
>> answer to 1.  :-)
>
> :)

+1 to all of this.
For the record in the DL community I would think of http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/#terms-conformsTo
for the fp:conformsTo property. For fp:authorityConformance there might be something in other vocabularies (CIDOC-CRM perhaps), but I won't have the time to dig it up.

Antoine