Re: modeling authority resources with oa:Motivation

Hi Bob,

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Bob Morris <morris.bob@gmail.com> wrote:

> <anno1> a oa:Annotation;
> oa:motivatedBy oa:editing;
> oa:motivatedBy fp:authorityConformance a oa:Motivation
>   [fp:conformsTo <http://authority.org/fp/theRuleset#Rule1> ] ;

> The first motivation is meant to convey that a change to the Target is
> proposed in the Body. The second is meant to be an assertion that the
> annotator believes the edit will bring the the Target into compliance
> with an authority, and that is another reason the Annotation is
> offered.

> 1. Is this a reasonable use of oa:motivatedBy and

I believe so, because it clarifies the reason the Annotation was
created.  It's an edit ... that will bring the target into compliance.
To me that fits exactly the role that Motivations are intended to provide.

> 2.  (less important at this point) Is authorityConformance of
> sufficient interest to be added to the list of oa:Motivation
> instances?

I think it's too specific, personally, for the spec.  But a list
(cough registry) of Motivations would be a great thing to have to
reduce the number of duplicates.

> p.s. "Anything can be a motivation." is not an entirely satisfactory
> answer to 1.  :-)

:)

Rob