Re: Last Ultimate Final Call :)

I agree that we can't risk just minting #tag URIs in someone elses
namespace to try to work around the HTTP Range 14 problem.

It would have to be some very unique tag so we know it's "ours" - like
#ff3f6942-dc0d-484f-becb-b6eea4a1d6b3 - which would just be silly.

I also of course agree that you "should not do that" - return a
document for a "non-informational resource", but sadly the real world
is our domain, and there is no specification now that mandates
resources for "real world things/concepts" to NOT present
representations. In fact it is core to the HTTP architecture that the
Representation is distinct from the Resource.

So - for your suggestion below:

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 6:31 PM, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com> wrote:

> <anno1> a oa:Annotation ;
>   oa:hasBody <tagSpRes1> ;
>   oa:hasTarget <target1> .
>
> <tagSpRes1> a oa:SpecificResource , oa:[Semantic]Tag ;
>   oa:hasSource <http://omim.org/entry/104760> ;

This is a beautiful solution.

So am I right in assuming that you are suggesting that
oa:[Semantic]Tag is a subclass of oa:SpecificResource  (we would
always use this pattern for semantic tagging), not just a suggested
"rescue" pattern where you can't put http://omim.org/entry/104760
directly in oa:hasBody because it is (could be) a retrievable
document?

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science