F2F Decision: Provenance

From: Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 10:24:33 -0600
To: public-openannotation <public-openannotation@w3.org>
This part of the discussion covered two primary topics related to
provenance and the W3C Provenance Ontology.

1.  Can we replace oa:equivalent with something from the Prov work?

Decision:  Yes, prov:alternateOf is semantically identical to oa:equivalent
Thus we'll simply replace all mentions of oa:equivalent in the
specification with prov:alternateOf

2.  What is the relationship between the current (simple) provenance
information recorded for an annotation, and the Prov work?

Decisions:
 - Replace oa:generated with prov:generatedAt, as they are
semantically identical
 - Replace oa:generator with oa:generatedBy, and subclass of
prov:wasAttributedTo
 - Replace oa:annotated with oa:annotatedAt (to follow the generatedAt pattern)
 - Replace oa:annotator with oa:annotatedBy
 - Include a diagram of the mapping in the specification

(Diagram attached)

Thanks,

Rob & Paolo

draft2_prov.png