Re: RDFS schema files

I agree on a minimalist approach and think the schemas shown reflect that.

However some facts stated in the specification is not reflected in the
schema, for instance:

oa:annotator Relationship  [subProperty of dcterms:creator]
oa:annotated Property [subProperty of dcterms:created]
oa:generator Relationship [subProperty of dcterms:publisher]
oa:generated Property [subProperty of dcterms:issued]

OK, so I might not think that these subproperties are always a good
match - but if we say so in the specification, then why should not the
RDFS schema also reflect this with rdfs:subPropertyOf ?

The use of RDFS without any OWL means it is very difficult to see if
something is an object property or data property, and it all comes out
as "annotation properties" in Protege unless the rdfs:range has been
given.

For instance I can't see from this schema if I should do:

:ann1 a ao:Annotation ;
  oa:annotator <http://soiland-reyes.com/stian/#me> .

or

:ann1 a ao:Annotation ;
  oa:annotator "Stian Soiland-Reyes" .

Without specifying this properly, you will get a lovely mix. See Dublin Core.

I don't think additional OWL properties should confuse any RDFS tools
- as long as the RDFS bits are there as well.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science