Re: Streamlining the OA Model

thank you, I'll put the pdf in the high-priority readings pipeline.
Iinitially I've thought of going in a similar direction but I could not
come out with a nice scheme that could scale to everything we needed.

Just a curiosity, in the case of a selection of multiple not contiguous -
and not equals - text spans, you create a more complicated URI or the idea
is to use  multiple URI together with some other mechanism? Is it explained
in the paper already?

The documentation of Annotation Ontology is outdated and I doubt I will
ever update it at this point. I don't have benchmarks nor organized content
I can share for this specific task, the selectors I use in Domeo have been
the result of trials and failures, no big theory. Does anybody in this
Group have something to share related to text selection benchmarking?

Currently, for selectors, we will try to update/keep up to date -
accordingly to what the consensus is - this section:
http://www.openannotation.org/spec/extension/#Selector

Best,
Paolo