Re: Streamlining the OA Model

Hello Paolo,
let's separate the issues.
Issue a) things you can represent with fragment selectors (expressivity)
Issue b) syntax

a) I am well aware of your use case. Do you have a benchmark that I
could use for experiments? If you look at
http://svn.aksw.org/papers/2012/NIF/EKAW_short_paper/public.pdf page 6,
then you can see that NIF hash URIs are designed for robustness and to
withstand changes made to Wikipedia. I am collecting a larger corpus
currently, also including HTML. Do you have data sets or pages, which I
could use?
b) has nothing to do with a) . Truth is, however, that current fragment
Ids are not designed to suit many use cases, but this is a shortcoming
of issue a) expressivity and not the fault of the syntax. Let's say you
could encode all information of OA selectors into fragment-id syntax.
What is the harm done?

I would really like to have a look into this. Is there a list with
available selectors?  I found:
http://code.google.com/p/annotation-ontology/wiki/v2Selectors
But it only lists 4 classes of selectors and all are not very powerful.
Sebastian