Re: vartrans module

Dear Manuel, all,

  thanks for the detailed comments on the vartrans module.

This is a gentle reminder to everyone that we will have our regular
ontolex telco today at 16:00 to have the final discussion on the
vartrans module...

Btw: something that we should think about is who will be the final
editors of the final spec. I think it is fair to give credit to all
those that have worked very intensely on the model. My proposal would be
to add the following people:

UNIBI: John McCrae, Philipp Cimiano
UPM: Elena Montiel Ponsoda, Lupe Aguado de Cea
Tor Vergata: Armando Stellato, Manuel Fiorelli
Pisa: Fahad
Paris: Aldo Gangemi
Insight: Paul Buitelaar

Apologies if I have forgotten anybody that feels has contributed
substantially to the spec, anyone?

Access details can be found here:

http://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/wiki/Teleconference,_2015.6.26,_16-17_pm_CET

Talk to you later....

Philipp.

Am 25.06.15 um 18:41 schrieb Manuel Fiorelli:
> [...]
> types of variation, which will be discussed thoroughly later"
>
> -------------
>
> In the introduction of /example 3/ (mother and surrogate mother), I
> would state in words that the goal is to represent the fact that the
> senses associated with the two lexical entries are one more general
> than the other, and I would underly the use of /vartrans:category/ to
> tell the specific type of relation.
>
> -------------
>
> In the section "Translation" I would give an example of cultural
> equivalent translation.
>
> -------------
>
> In /example 7/,
>
> the triple
>
> ":surrogate_mother_sense ontolex:reference
> <http://de.dbpedia.org/resource/Leihmutter>."
>
> has the wrong subject. The properties of the Translation resources
> have not been properly indented.
>
> -------------
>
> I know that the specification should not endorse any catalog of
> categories. However, an adopter should be informed about reasonable
> choices. Maybe we should give explicit pointers to LexInfo2, IsoCat,
> ...and so on. Not sure if we should give precise references. For
> instance, having said that there are direct translations and cultural
> equivalent ones, also give the names of the corresponding properties
> in common catalogs. In fact, these are only two possible cases,
> because each catalog may introduce whatever distinction it prefers.
>
> Best regards
>
> Manuel Fiorelli

> <cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
> <mailto:cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>>:
>
>     Dear all,
>
>        last week I have been working with Madrid (Lupe and Elena) on
>     the vartrans module. We regard the version online as the final
>     version of the module. We will discuss any final concerns on the
>     the vartrans module this Friday at our regular slot at 16:00 (CET).
>
>     Please send me, as usual, any comments until Thursday night.
>
>     See here access details for the telco:
>
>     https://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/wiki/Teleconference,_2015.6.26,_16-17_pm_CET
>
>     Kind regards and talk to you soon...
>
>     Philipp.
>
>     --
>     --
>     Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
>     AG Semantic Computing
>     Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
>     Universität Bielefeld
>
>     Tel: +49 521 106 12249 <tel:%2B49%20521%20106%2012249>
>     Fax: +49 521 106 6560 <tel:%2B49%20521%20106%206560>
>     Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
>     <mailto:cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>
>
>     Office CITEC-2.307
>     Universitätsstr. 21-25
>     33615 Bielefeld, NRW
>     Germany
>

> --
> Manuel Fiorelli

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
AG Semantic Computing
Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)

Fax: +49 521 106 6560