Re: UML diagrams

Hi Philipp, instead of Poseidon, I forgot to mention Argo UML, which has similar functionalities, but it’s open source :)

argouml.tigris.org/‎

concerning cardinalities, I have the following doubts:

1) is it better to include inverse names as well, or an arrow? I always find counterintuitive that I have to figure out how to read the ordering of associations, while NL is so clear ;)

2) can a lexicon be empty? maybe a 1..* would be better on the lexicon side

3) why 0..1 lexical concepts for a sense? 0 is clear, but why do we impose that e.g. a wordnet word sense should mandatory belong to at most 1 lexical concept. If this is for the synset pattern, then we should put 1..1, otherwise, we can be liberal, and accept that some other lexicon can provide a different sense assemblage. I’d go for a 0..*

4) similarly for the 0..1 references for a sense: do we assume that at most one ontological entity can actualize a sense?

OK for the rest
Thanks
Aldo