Re: [public-ontolex] <none>

Hi Armando,

I think the point I was trying to make was that the metadata module should
IMHO only cover metadata about ontology-lexica. As such the metadata module
should be more or less limited to describing resources, which are
representable by means of the OntoLex-Lemon model.

What puzzles then is that some of these categories seem very strange in
description of a static RDF document. In particular, I mean that the
concept of a dictionary being "directional" is odd in this case. i.e., if
we have a resource, which gives entries for an ontological concept in two *or
more** languages then it is quite unclear in which direction the
"translation" occurs. Also, it has been my assumption that if we do
introduce a *translation* property linking senses then this property would
be symmetric.

Perhaps, you could clarify what is meant by directionality in terms of the
lexicon-ontology interface?

* Out of interest why is there no metadata for a lexicon with more than 2
languages?

Regards,
John

PS will add some more minor comments to the wiki about the metadata module

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 6:52 AM, Armando Stellato <stellato@info.uniroma2.it