RE: Next Ontolex Meeting, tomorrow, Feb 22, 12:00

From: Armando Stellato <stellato@info.uniroma2.it>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 12:25:40 +0100
To: "'Guadalupe Aguado'" <gac280771@gmail.com>, "'Philipp Cimiano'" <cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>
Cc: <public-ontolex@w3.org>
Dear all,
I’m sorry I cannot attend too. The one-week shift collided with student
exams I set in advance for that date.
However, in the previous days I added more info on:
and defined two sets of metadata (one for Lexical Nets, and one for
ontologies enriched with linguistic info). Plus, I reported on my thoughts
(and discussions with other people) regarding the subjects of these
metadata. More to come in the following days.
Finally, getting back to a previous msg from Aldo about
d_Data, and his observations about SKOS. I think it is important to
understand if and how SKOS (and SKOS-XL) may be reused in this modeling.
SKOS concepts may provide the conceptual backbone of lexical resources (e.g.
synsets in wordnet), while reified labels coming from SKOS-XL may allow for
the specification of lexical relationships. Thus, while sitting on top of
the SKOS-XL skeleton, this could be only a:
1)      Subclassing work: e.g. define Senses, Lexical Entry etc… as specific
subclasses of SKOS(XL) elements.
2)      Instantiation:  e.g. A vocabulary of reusable, shareable, lexical