Re: next telco and todos

Dear Armando, Philipp,

the examples from my notes in the wiki were not supposed to be definitive, but just a placeholder: they probably contain typos, and there can be better ways to implement those mappings, as Armando was correctly spotting.

Concerning the possibility to create a lexical vocabulary for them all resources, I'd be really glad to contribute to such a thing  (I have made some work  in this direction in the past as you probably know ;)), anyway let's be assured that it is quite a research-oriented task.
In principle, research is not considered very well as an activity to be perfomed as a W3C group outcome.

On the other hand, there is at least one major counterexample, i.e. SKOS, which can be considered a research achievement, and it's 99% outcome of W3C groups.
Also RDF, OWL and RIF contain pieces of novel research work after all.

So, if we want to go for a sort of SLEX (Simple LEXical resources), I suggest to start from existing lexical ontologies and standards (those mentioned in the requirement page should be enough to start with), and select all the top and certain mid-level concepts and relations that we want to include in such a vocabulary. After that, the task will be to check whether our selection can actually constitute a viable and shared vocabulary, and test it for the (schema-level) alignment of resources.

It's be then interesting to test if SKOS mapping relations are enough to make sense of (instance-level) lexical mappings, or if there are cases of lexical mappings that need an extension of it.

My 2c
Aldo