Re: Hierarchical assets in ODRL 1.1

> On 16 Apr 2015, at 1:38 am, Agnese Farinelli <agnese.farinelli@studenti.unimi.it> wrote:
>
> Nice idea! But I read in the ODRL 1.1 Expression Language XML Schema file that an asset element (at the XML level, I mean) can contain like child elements only context, inherit, digest and KeyInfo elements but not container elements. At the same time, a content element can contain several permission, constraint, requirement, condition, RightsHolder elements end other container elements, but not asset elements. In fact, at the validation time, several errors appear about which elements are allowed (and which elements are not allowed) in the asset and container elements.
> Maybe I can declare a first general asset (with ID) and several secondary assets (with relative ID) like inherit elements from the first asset (see section 2.15 of the V1.1 spec).

I think that the <inherit> tag in the <asset> was to say that the asset inherits all the *rights* of the other asset, not to say it inherits that actual asset itself.

I think the only option is the Container solution - but don’t worry too much about the XML Schema as it is not 100% perfect against all the options described in the spec itself. (The text says “Typically the container structure is used to aggregate permissions, constraints, conditions, and requirements but can be used on other entities”)

Modify the schema to allow <container> inside the <asset>.

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com