Re: Party: Assignee=everyone

As a reminder:
- in MPEG-21 REL, there is an <AllPrincipals> element in their XML.
- in XACML 1.0, there was a <AnySubject> element (and AnyAction /
AnyResource). In subsequent versions, it was removed. It was said that
the effect of missing it out was exactly the same.

Regards,
Víctor

El 19/09/2013 15:48, Mo McRoberts escribió:
> Hi Cindy,
>
> I wonder if 'public' has unintended connotations that 'everyone' doesn't? i.e., 'everyone' is exactly that, whereas 'public' implies an (undefined) subset of everyone?
>
> M.
>
> On  2013-Sep-19, at 14:36, Cindy Lewis <cindy.lewis@me.com>
>   wrote:
>
>> Could we use "Public" as the vocabulary word or fixed ID for "everyone"?
>>
>> All other "fixed" ids of interest would all be concerned with people permissioned by the Assignee. For example, a "subscriber" or an "endorser"
>>
>> Some possible fixed ids:
>> Public
>> Subscriber
>> Endorser
>> Licensee

>>> In the RDF variant, we'd express it as a named individual, something like
>>>
>>> :everyone a :All ;
>>> 	rdfs:isDefinedBy odrl: ;
>>> 	vs:term_status "testing" ;
>>> 	rdfs:label "Everyone"@en ;
>>> 	rdfs:comment "This is a pre-defined party which can be used when explicitly referring to the set of all possible parties"@en .
>>>
>>> I'm not sure how it works in the XSD, I'm even less of an expert there :)
>>>
>>> I'm not sure about fixed IDs for parties, once we've done one adding others should be technically easy if there's consensus.
>>>
>>> M.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mo McRoberts - Analyst - BBC Archive Development,
>>> Zone 1.08, BBC Scotland, 40 Pacific Quay, Glasgow G51 1DA,
>>> MC3 D6, Media Centre, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TQ,
>>> 0141 422 6036 (Internal: 01-26036) - PGP key CEBCF03E
>>>

>>> -----------------------------
>>> http://www.bbc.co.uk
>>> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and
>>> may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
>>> If you have received it in
>>> error, please delete it from your system.
>>> Do not use, copy or disclose the
>>> information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender
>>> immediately.
>>> Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails
>>> sent or received.
>>> Further communication will signify your consent to
>>> this.
>>> -----------------------------
>>> From: Mo McRoberts <Mo.McRoberts@bbc.co.uk>
>>> Subject: Re: Party: Assignee=everyone
>>> Date: September 19, 2013 8:52:40 AM EDT
>>> To: Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com>
>>> Cc: "<public-odrl@w3.org>" <public-odrl@w3.org>

>>> In the RDF variant, we'd express it as a named individual, something like
>>>
>>> :everyone a :All ;
>>> 	rdfs:isDefinedBy odrl: ;
>>> 	vs:term_status "testing" ;
>>> 	rdfs:label "Everyone"@en ;
>>> 	rdfs:comment "This is a pre-defined party which can be used when explicitly referring to the set of all possible parties"@en .
>>>
>>> I'm not sure how it works in the XSD, I'm even less of an expert there :)

> [...]

Víctor Rodríguez-Doncel
D3205 - Ontology Engineering Group (OEG)
Departamento de Inteligencia Artificial
Facultad de Informática
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid

Campus de Montegancedo s/n