From: Renato Iannella [mailto:ri@semanticidentity.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:36 PM
To: ODRL Community Group (Contrib)
Subject: Re: Some Questions about the XML Encoding of ODRL v2

On 17 Jan 2014, at 06:38, Myles, Stuart <SMyles@ap.org<mailto:SMyles@ap.org>> wrote:

In reviewing the ODRL v2 XML encoding document, we came up with a couple of questions:
http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/two/xml
Is policy required? It seems to be, but is mainly omitted from the actual examples. Is that just to save space or is it optional?

Yes, it is required. Since uid and type are mandatory attributes, it was assumed, but is mandatory in the XML Schema.
Will make it more specific....

 In the Inline Assets example, it looks like there is a typo:
 http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/two/xml/#section-4
It starts off as <o:permission> but ends up with</o:prohibition>

That has been fixed in the Draft xml spec: http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/work/2-0-xml-encoding-constraint-draft-changes/

Renato

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com
Mobile: +61 4 1313 2206

The information contained in this communication is intended for the use
of the designated recipients named above. If the reader of this
communication is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that you have received this communication in error, and that any review,
notify The Associated Press immediately by telephone at +1-212-621-1898
and delete this email. Thank you.
[IP_US_DISC]

msk dccc60c6d2c3a6438f0cf467d9a4938