Re: Some Questions about the XML Encoding of ODRL v2

On 17 Jan 2014, at 06:38, Myles, Stuart <SMyles@ap.org> wrote:

> In reviewing the ODRL v2 XML encoding document, we came up with a couple of questions:
> http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/two/xml
> Is policy required? It seems to be, but is mainly omitted from the actual examples. Is that just to save space or is it optional?

Yes, it is required. Since uid and type are mandatory attributes, it was assumed, but is mandatory in the XML Schema.
Will make it more specific....

>  In the Inline Assets example, it looks like there is a typo:
>  http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/two/xml/#section-4
> It starts off as <o:permission> but ends up with</o:prohibition>

That has been fixed in the Draft xml spec: http://www.w3.org/community/odrl/work/2-0-xml-encoding-constraint-draft-changes/

Renato

Cheers...
Renato Iannella