Re: Introducing ODRL policies

This was discussed in here at the time…

However, the rationale was that for the cases where the Set is a simple license grant, then using a property which is already widely used for exactly that purpose made more sense than inventing a new one for the purpose. There wasn’t an odrl:policy proposal because as Renato notes, the ODRL model’s approach was to attach the asset to the policy, not the other way around — and that makes sense if you think about it; if it’s *not* a simple license grant, then it’s much more likely that it would be specific to the asset.

M.

--
Mo McRoberts - Chief Technical Architect - Archives & Digital Public Space,
Zone 2.12, BBC Scotland, 40 Pacific Quay, Glasgow G51 1DA.

Inside the BBC? My movements this week: http://neva.li/where-is-mo