Re: Advocacy / prioritization

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 2:52 PM, François REMY <
francois.remy.dev@outlook.com> wrote:

>   That would require to define ServiceWorkers as part of an HTTP Header
> then. Because you can’t execute the JS of the first page if you don’t load
> the page first (which starts prefetching of urls already via the lookahead).

Another alternative is to bootstrap the ServiceWorker inline, at the
<head>'s top, assuming it's not a lot of code, and be willing to block the
lookahead scanner until the ServiceWorker is installed. (which would result
in a slight delay, but nothing that's network bound, so likely to be very
small, in the order of a few ms)

In any case, I don't think we need to discuss here *how* it should be
solved (these discussions should probably happen at the ServiceWorker
repo), as long as this group agrees that it's a use-case worth addressing.

Can you open an issue regarding this on the repo, I’ll comment on it.

Opened an issue a couple of months back, which is now closed:
https://github.com/slightlyoff/ServiceWorker/issues/54
There's a current issue open though:
https://github.com/slightlyoff/ServiceWorker/issues/73