Re: Sysapps WG

On 10/2/12 7:30 AM, ext Marcos Caceres wrote:
> With the launch of the SysApps WG [1], what do we foresee as the function of this CG?
>
> We haven't really done much since we launched so we should probably consider winding this group down.

I'm indifferent but do want to mention one advantage of this CG ...

Given the broad scope of SysApps, I can imagine some W3C Members not
being able to formally join the WG because of the broad upfront IP
commitment that is required. As such, this CG could be used to engage
such Members but with a much more limited IP commitment (f.ex. a Member
could only contribute to one of the WG's specs). (At least I believe
things could work this way ...)

But as I said, I don't really care either way ...

-AB