Re: Json-LD to N3?

> On 1. Feb 2023, at 08:10, Patrick Hochstenbach <Patrick.Hochstenbach@UGent.be> wrote:
>
>> From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
>> Date: Tuesday, 31 January 2023 at 20:59
>> To: public-n3-dev@w3.org <public-n3-dev@w3.org>
>> Subject: Json-LD to N3?
>> Hi,
>>
>> I find Json-LD a bit opaque to read. Is there a way I can convert it to n3,
>> so I can see clearly what the graphs are?
>>
>> I can use the json-ld playground to convert it to Nquads, but I could
>> not see how to get nquads to n3 using eye.
>>
>> Henry
>
>  I always use easyrdf.org for conversions:
>  https://www.easyrdf.org/converter
>  Patrick

I am trying to convert the examples from the Verifiable Credentials Data Model spec such as
https://www.w3.org/TR/vc-data-model/#example-a-simple-example-of-a-verifiable-credential
so that I can clearly work out what is a quoted graph and what is not. That type
of information is very much obscured by JSON-LD, even though it is essential to
understanding claims.

Easyrdf does not give me any output when I tried to convert the cleaned
up Verifiable Claim example [1].

Greg Kellog pointed me to his RDF distiller
http://rdf.greggkellogg.net/distiller?command=serialize&format=jsonld&output_format=n3

And that gives the n3 result as shown in the second snippet of [1]. That is consistent
with the result given by first going through https://json-ld.org/playground/ and first
converting to NQuads (third snipped in [1]) and then using distiller to convert nquads to n3.

Interestingly both of those seem to reveal a problem with the first example json-ld, as it
produces the following two triples in n3

  <did:example:c276e12ec21ebfeb1f712ebc6f1> schema:name [], [] .

But one can see quite clearly that the same is true in nquads.
Greg Kellog suggested this may be a problem with ”value” and ”lang” fields not
having been declared, and indeed when using the jsonld playground it helpfully
suggests using @value and @language instead.  With that we then get the
jsonld in [2] and the nquads and n3 conversions that go with it using distiller.

Now I would have expected the graph to be signed to be quoted, and linked to by a
signature. We seem to be having the opposite going on here.

Henry

[1] https://gist.github.com/bblfish/908145116b14486af9dd3460ce14b2c1
[2] https://gist.github.com/bblfish/ab1b450c725674a4386cfc391b7e307b