Re: Hello, n3

Yes, thanks Nathan for getting things started.

I’ve been involved with RDF since 2012, working on RDFa, RDF, CSVW and JSON-LD working groups. I manage the Ruby RDF toolset, which includes an N3 parser (no rules support, though) along with a complete stack of parsers and serializers and SPARQL engine in native Ruby.

I’d like to see a rules algebra emerge that can be consistent with the SPARQL algebra, or more likely, a superset of the two that allows the various operations to operate consistently; consistent rules for variable visibility among them.

I look forward to working with everyone to bring N3 up to date, and either reconcile with RDF semantics, or be the basis for a more comprehensive update to RDF.

Gregg Kellogg
gregg@greggkellogg.net