W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-mwts@w3.org > August 2009

[minutes] Tuesday August 4 teleconf

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 17:43:36 +0200
To: public-mwts@w3.org
Message-Id: <1249400616.10352.8502.camel@localhost>
Hi,

The minutes of our call today are available at:
http://www.w3.org/2009/08/04-mwts-minutes.html
and copied as text below. Note that our next call will be on September
1st.

Dom

    Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working Group Teleconference

04 Aug 2009

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Aug/0000.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/08/04-mwts-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Wilhelm, Carmelo, Dom, Dmitri, Kai, Marcos

   Regrets
   Chair
          Wilhelm

   Scribe
          dom

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Widgets testing
         2. [6]WCTMB2
         3. [7]OMA
         4. [8]Next meeting
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

Widgets testing

   ACTION-52?

   <trackbot> ACTION-52 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to draft a blog post
   on SPARTAN -- due 2009-05-26 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [10]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/52

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/52

   Wilhelm: still pending approval

   ACTION-2?

   <trackbot> ACTION-2 -- Kai Hendry to continue integrating his tests
   WTF -- due 2009-05-01 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [11]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/2

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/2

   close ACTION-2

   <trackbot> ACTION-2 Continue integrating his tests WTF closed

   Kai: regarding WTF, I've been talking with Robert and I have helped
   out with instructions on how to install it on Linux
   ... I've filed an issue about making it easier to contributing tests
   ... e.g. through a Web form
   ... Robert thought this was a good idea

   ACTION-62?

   <trackbot> ACTION-62 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to send feedback
   on the contribution guide for widgets test suites -- due 2009-07-07
   -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [12]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/62

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/62

   <dom_scribe> [13]Dom's comments

     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Aug/0003.html

   Kai: Marcos has probably stuff to say about this as well
   ... I'll follow-up

   Marcos: Kai and I have been discussing his framework
   ... I've been looking at what would be needed to build the tests
   properly - don't think we need that much
   ... now that the test assertions have been extracted out
   ... With regard to the contribution guide, we'll link it from the
   testing area and the spec

   /2006/waf/widgets/tests/guide.html

   <Marcos>
   [14]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/Overview_TSE.html#testable-as
   sertions

     [14] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/Overview_TSE.html#testable-assertions

   <hendry> so the one place is proposed as
   <[15]http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/Overview_TSE.html> ?

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/Overview_TSE.html%3E

   Kai: I think it's best to keep everything in one place

   Marcos: I'll be integrating all the relevant materials (contribution
   guide, test plan) into a single document

   <scribe> ACTION: Dom to report back on Marcos' progress wrt
   integration of test documentation materials [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/04-mwts-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-71 - Report back on Marcos' progress wrt
   integration of test documentation materials [on Dominique
   Hazaël-Massieux - due 2009-08-11].

   ACTION-45 closed

   <trackbot> ACTION-45 Propose a plan for getting contributions from
   community closed

   ACTION-66 closed

   <trackbot> ACTION-66 Update the test plan with the latest assertions
   closed

   ACTION-63 closed

   <trackbot> ACTION-63 Add testing strategies to widget test
   contrbutions guide closed

   ACTION-62 closed

   <trackbot> ACTION-62 Send feedback on the contribution guide for
   widgets test suites closed

   ACTION-67?

   <trackbot> ACTION-67 -- Kai Hendry to work with Marcos on developing
   templates and contributions guide -- due 2009-08-04 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/67

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/67

   Marcos: will do that later this week

   ACTION-70 closed

   <trackbot> ACTION-70 Draft blog post about Dusseldorf widget testing
   closed

   <dom_scribe> [18]invitation to widgets testing event in blog

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/blog/2009/07/29/widget_test_event

WCTMB2

   ACTION-68?

   <trackbot> ACTION-68 -- Kai Hendry to submit proposals for WCTMB2 --
   due 2009-08-04 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/68

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/68

   <dom_scribe> [20]Kai's suggestions for WCTMB2

     [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Aug/0005.html

   Kai: have we considered making the test a widget?
   ... we could tie in widgets-related tests

   Dom: doing it only as a widget seems a bit too restrictive to me
   ... given that there are no runtime widget engine implementing the
   W3C spec

   Kai: there are a few, but probably not very compliant
   ... I also noted to integrate tests from AppCache
   ... and wondered if we could take some tests from ACID3

   Wilhelm: I'm thinking along the same lines, but with different tests
   ... testing for features rather than bugs

   Kai: if we're testing features - I'm not sure how forward-looking we
   should be
   ... I've also proposed an audio test

   Wilhelm: audio test sounds good

   Dom: not sure we can define how forward-looking we should target;
   let's see as we go

   Wilhelm: could you turn your proposals into actual code?

   Kai: sure

   <scribe> ACTION: Kai to propose appcache and audio test [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/04-mwts-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-72 - Propose appcache and audio test [on
   Kai Hendry - due 2009-08-11].

   <scribe> ACTION: Wilhelm to create test cases for WCTMB2 [recorded
   in [22]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/04-mwts-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-73 - Create test cases for WCTMB2 [on
   Wilhelm Joys Andersen - due 2009-08-11].

   Wilhelm: we basically a bunch of scripts that say yes or no

   ACTION-69?

   <trackbot> ACTION-69 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to review WCTMB2
   proposal -- due 2009-08-04 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/69

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/69

   <dom_scribe> [24]Dom's comments on WCTMB2

     [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Aug/0002.html

   Dom: in addition to my comments in my email, we should probably make
   our test run asynchronously

   Kai: that's usually quite painful in Javascript

   Dom: isn't it just a matter of using callback functions?

   Wilhelm: I was thinking of running them in sequence

   Dom: do we need a proposed API?

   Wilhelm: I'll make a proposal

   <scribe> ACTION: Wilhelm to propose an API for the tests in WCTMB2
   [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/04-mwts-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-74 - Propose an API for the tests in
   WCTMB2 [on Wilhelm Joys Andersen - due 2009-08-11].

   <scribe> ACTION: Dom to propose tests for WCTMB2 - due 2009-09-08
   [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/04-mwts-minutes.html#action05]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-75 - propose tests for WCTMB2 [on
   Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2009-09-08].

OMA

   ACTION-14?

   <trackbot> ACTION-14 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to look back at
   OMA situation and report -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [27]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/14

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/14

   <dom_scribe> [28]Update's from OMA on XHTML MP test suite

     [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-mwts/2009Aug/0000.html

   ACTION-21?

   <trackbot> ACTION-21 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to send Opera's
   feedback on OMA test suites -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/21

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/21

   Wilhelm: still pending

Next meeting

   RESOLUTION: Next meeting will be September 1st

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Dom to propose tests for WCTMB2 - due 2009-09-08
   [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/04-mwts-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: Dom to report back on Marcos' progress wrt integration
   of test documentation materials [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/04-mwts-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Kai to propose appcache and audio test [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/04-mwts-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Wilhelm to create test cases for WCTMB2 [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/04-mwts-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Wilhelm to propose an API for the tests in WCTMB2
   [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/04-mwts-minutes.html#action04]

   [End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 4 August 2009 15:44:13 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 4 August 2009 15:44:13 GMT