Re: Results of running perf tests on a few mobile browsers (Was: [minutes] Tuesday 2nd Sep teleconf)

From: Kai Hendry <hendry@aplixcorp.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:21:58 +0100
To: public-mwts <public-mwts@w3.org>

I'm fed up with testing Javascript on mobile devices :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hendry/2878430405/

I think we can safely say that Javascript on mobile devices is pretty
painful. I'm looking forward to the next generation JITing engines:
* mozilla tracemonkey
* google v8
* apple squirrelfish extreme

Though Opera does perform quite well all things considered.

HTC Tytn II with Opera 9.5beta
V8 score: 5
Sunspider: http://tinyurl.com/4gkg5k

I tried adding a next button on Sunspider for devices that get stuck:
http://perf.webvm.net/sunspider-0.9/sunspider-driver.html
Though I was wondering if anyone had a better idea of catching
Javascript errors? I don't think JS errors bubble up to the test
driver from the iframe.

Kind regards,