W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-mwts@w3.org > May 2007

[minutes] Tuesday May 22nd teleconf

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 17:40:18 +0200
To: public-mwts@w3.org
Message-Id: <1179848418.8627.75.camel@altostratustier>

Hi,

The minutes of our call today are available at:
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/22-mwts-minutes.html
linked from
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/

and copied as text below.

Dom

                MWI Test Suites Working Group Teleconf

22 May 2007

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2007May/0001.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/05/22-mwts-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Carmelo, dom, Wilhelm

   Regrets
          Allen, Dmitri

   Chair
          Dom

   Scribe
          dom

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Conformance test suites
         2. [6]Community-based Test suite
         3. [7]Participation to Technical Plenary
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <wilhelm> Hm. Is the source code for the test harness available on
   the public CVS repository?

   no, it isn't at thist ime

   [9]copy of the code of the test harness

      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-mwts/2007Apr/0011.html

Conformance test suites

   <scribe> ACTION: Dom to look at implementing an id for test session
   [recorded in
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/13-mwts-minutes.html#action05]
   [PENDING]

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2007/03/13-mwts-minutes.html#action05

   Dom: was on vacation for the past few weeks, couldn't make progress
   on this.

   <scribe> ACTION: Till to do extra reseach on automatic execution
   using Opera [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-mwts-minutes.html#action03] [DONE]

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-mwts-minutes.html#action03

   Dom: This has permitted to finalize the automation of the DOM Test
   suite on mobile devices; very good progress on that test suite given
   where we started from!

   <scribe> ACTION: Till to draft a first message to regarding SVG test
   suite [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-mwts-minutes.html#action06] [DONE]

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-mwts-minutes.html#action06

   [13]Till's draft message on svgt test suite

     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2007Apr/0026.html

   Dom: I think we need to soften a bit that message, given that the
   test suite was not originally developed as part of a public-facing
   harness; once it is softened, we should send it to the public
   feedback mailing list of the SVG Test suite

   <scribe> ACTION: Carmelo to rewrite Till's message on SVGT test
   suite [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/22-mwts-minutes.html#action04]

   <scribe> ACTION: Allen to see from where the harness should be
   linked [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-mwts-minutes.html#action12]
   [PENDING]

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-mwts-minutes.html#action12

   Dom: No news on that one

   <scribe> ACTION: Dom to check with SVG and CSS WG whether they want
   more visibility of their test suites through the harness [recorded
   in [16]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-mwts-minutes.html#action13]
   [PENDING]

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-mwts-minutes.html#action13

   Dom: Hope to do this this week

   <scribe> ACTION: Dom to check whether we're allowed to put the WCSS
   Test suite in the mobile test harness [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/27-mwts-minutes.html#action06]
   [PENDING]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2007/03/27-mwts-minutes.html#action06

   <scribe> ACTION: Dom to explore using XHTML MP as part of the
   harness [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/27-mwts-minutes.html#action09]
   [PENDING]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2007/03/27-mwts-minutes.html#action09

   -> [19]OMA's message

     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-mwts/2007Apr/0012.html

   Dom: Got news from the OMA IOP chair: they seem to be pretty
   enthusiastic about our work, are interested in further collaboration
   with us, ...

   Carmelo: Should we try to see whether they would be interested in
   joining us at the TP in Boston?

   Dom: Good idea! Also, the IOP chair seemed to say it was ok for us
   to use their test cases in our harness, but I would like to get a
   more formal/definitive answer on this, so I'll get back to him on
   this as well.

   <scribe> ACTION: Dom to look at integrating the WICD test suite into
   the harness [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-mwts-minutes.html#action10]

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-mwts-minutes.html#action10

   Dom: No progress on that one yet.

Community-based Test suite

   Dom: Carmelo made good progress on the [21]submission guidelines
   document; now that it's nearly final, I think we need to focus on
   the framework that allows to submit test cases for the community...
   I'll take a first stab at it, given that this is our main roadblock
   at this time.

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/Open/submission.html

   <scribe> ACTION: Dom to look at creating submission framework
   [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/22-mwts-minutes.html#action10]

   Wilhelm: the submissions document might use more examples; I'll look
   up what we have in our guidelines that could be included there.

   <scribe> ACTION: Wilhelm to submit example test cases for guidelines
   document [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/22-mwts-minutes.html#action11]

Participation to Technical Plenary in Boston early November

   Dom: We need to give a tentative answer before mid-June; apparently
   both Carmelo and Wilhelm would be available then.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Carmelo to rewrite Till's message on SVGT test suite
   [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/22-mwts-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: Dom to look at creating submission framework [recorded
   in [25]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/22-mwts-minutes.html#action10]
   [NEW] ACTION: Dom to look at integrating the WICD test suite into
   the harness [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-mwts-minutes.html#action10]
   [NEW] ACTION: Wilhelm to submit example test cases for guidelines
   document [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2007/05/22-mwts-minutes.html#action11]

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/17-mwts-minutes.html#action10

   [PENDING] ACTION: Allen to see from where the harness should be
   linked [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-mwts-minutes.html#action12]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Dom to check whether we're allowed to put the WCSS
   Test suite in the mobile test harness [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/27-mwts-minutes.html#action06]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Dom to check with SVG and CSS WG whether they want
   more visibility of their test suites through the harness [recorded
   in [30]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-mwts-minutes.html#action13]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Dom to explore using XHTML MP as part of the
   harness [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/27-mwts-minutes.html#action09]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Dom to look at implementing an id for test session
   [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2007/03/13-mwts-minutes.html#action05]

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-mwts-minutes.html#action12
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2007/03/27-mwts-minutes.html#action06
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-mwts-minutes.html#action13
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2007/03/27-mwts-minutes.html#action09
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2007/03/13-mwts-minutes.html#action05

   [DONE] ACTION: Till to do extra reseach on automatic execution using
   Opera [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-mwts-minutes.html#action03]
   [DONE] ACTION: Till to draft a first message to regarding SVG test
   suite [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-mwts-minutes.html#action06]

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-mwts-minutes.html#action03
     [34] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/24-mwts-minutes.html#action06

   [End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 22 May 2007 15:40:52 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:13:07 GMT