WCSS test suite survey

From: Till Halbach <tillh@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:00:15 +0100
To: "public-mwts@w3.org" <public-mwts@w3.org>

Test suite of concern:

AFAIK the latest version is 1.1,

There are 358 tests. The test suite seems to be (close to) complete. I
have not found major issues missing.

The documentation is available for members only.

Test harness
The test suite consists of a listing of categories and subcategories. By
following those, one can reach each test, implying a lot of next/back
navigation. This can be solved more neatly by <link rel="next">. At the
end of each test, there is a link to post results to a potential tracker
script (as an example, it didn't work for me).

- The tests appear to hold high quality. Each test has a clear pass
condition. The description, however, should be made much more concise.
- Some tests rely on font and color effects for those UAs which support
- Some tests rely on font (e.g. italic font) and color effects where this
is not necessarily needed.
- Almost all tests are suiteable for mobile screens. I found only a few
table tests which should be re-engineered for testing on small screens.

Approx. 90% of the testing doesn't require user interaction.

Public availability
The test suite is available for OMA members and for nonmembers upon a
license agreement.

See availability.

Till Halbach
Quality Assurance, Opera Software (www.opera.com)