Re: [agenda] Tuesday December 17 Teleconf

From: Wilhelm Joys Andersen <wilhelmja@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:09:48 +0100
To: public-mwts@w3.org

* Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org> wrote:
|* Mobile Acid Test
|         ACTION: Wilhelm to lead the work on mobile acid test [recorded
|         in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/13-mwts-minutes.html#action10]

As I mentioned in last week's telecon, I believe we should test how much
of the full web a mobile browser supports. We should aim high, so that
it's actually a challenge for browsers to pass it.

Some items we should test:

  - Some CSS2 selectors and properties
  - Some CSS3 selectors and properties
  - media queries
  - xmlhttprequest
  - canvas
  - SVG
  - data URIs
  - XML
  - manipulating the DOM
  - Web Forms 2
  - HTTPS
  - Unicode
  - transparent PNGs
  - contenteditable
  - WML

It should be easy to determine how much of the test has passed or failed.
A green block for each passing test should do the job.

--
Wilhelm Joys Andersen
Core QA, Opera Software