Re: Minutes of September 6 meeting

From: Stephane Boyera <boyera@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 10:09:14 +0200
To: Mike Santer <mhds@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
CC: public-mw4d@w3.org
Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for your comments.
My 2cts below

> 1.	Category - Should Mobile Instant Messaging (MIM) be added? Due to
> the relatively high SMS costs, solution like Mxit are emerging that enable
> development tools using MIM as the message transit?

i believe that MIM and mobile social networks are a specific category
tools that should be investigated indeed. We briefly mentioned that
during the call the other day.
It might be that the name 'category' is misleading. We probably should
clarify a bit what it is behind.
That said, what are tools we should analysis is a different discussion
that what are the features/properties we need to capture when analyzing
a specific tool. So for me, MIM should be part of the section 'Criteria
for Tool Selection'

> 2.	Sector - It might be worth adding social/community development to
> cover social transformational tools.

ok. could-you give an example of a 'social transformational tools' ?

> 3.	Roadmap - can the framework that the solution is built on be
> mentioned (e.g. JSimba, Django, etc.) and whether it has open api support4.
> 4.	Maintenance - does the product have active support offered either by
> the user community or the software provider?
> 5.	Language support for use and deployment
> 6.	What mobile platforms are supported? Mobile Phones (minimum
> requirements), Tablets?

This is all good points thanks.

Setphane

--