Re: Mobile Communities

Ken,

I endorse Katrin's point, if you don't know MbileActive.org yet.

I'm one of thousands of subscribers and registered users, and am learning a
lot from the group of people who gathered at MobileActive.

If you are not its mailing list member yet, I'd suggest you to try. It's a
valuable experience!

Cheers,
Yoshiko

2010/6/22 Katrin Verclas <katrin@mobileactive.org>

> Ken - of course you know about MobileActive.org :)
>
> It is a wide-open community and currently comprises the following:
>
> Newsletter: 5,721 subscribers
> MobileActive Discuss email group: 643 members with 496 discussion messages
> (copied here)
> Registered users on MobileActive.org: 4,570
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
>
> Katrin
>
> On Jun 22, 2010, at 1:18 PM, donotreply wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to find the more active, engaging, open, online communities
> which focus on mobiles and mobiles for development. They can be general
> sites, or based around tools, or disciplines, or even geographies. I'm
> helping someone put together a list and there doesn't seem to be much out
> there, which is a surprise. By active I mean regular postings from members,
> active discussion threads, and so on.
>
> If anyone could comment on any links or details of any they know of, or are
> members of, that would be great.
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Ken
>
> *Ken Banks*
> Founder, kiwanja.net and FrontlineSMS
>
> *"Where technology meets anthropology, conservation and development"
> *
> *Twitter*: http://www.twitter.com/kiwanja
>

> Katrin Verclas
> MobileActive.org
> katrin@mobileactive.org
> *
> *
> skype/twitter: katrinskaya
> (347) 281-7191
>
> A global network of people using mobile technology for social impact
> http://mobileactive.org

Yoshiko Kurisaki
Dynamic Market Intelligence for Ethical Business

yoshiko.kurisaki@gmail.com
Mobile: 41-76-411-6076
Skype: sacouraskype
http://www.geneva-kurisaki.net