Re: Mobile Communities

Ken - of course you know about MobileActive.org :)

It is a wide-open community and currently comprises the following:

Newsletter: 5,721 subscribers
MobileActive Discuss email group: 643 members with 496 discussion
messages (copied here)
Registered users on MobileActive.org: 4,570

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Katrin

On Jun 22, 2010, at 1:18 PM, donotreply wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to find the more active, engaging, open, online
> communities which focus on mobiles and mobiles for development. They
> can be general sites, or based around tools, or disciplines, or even
> geographies. I'm helping someone put together a list and there
> doesn't seem to be much out there, which is a surprise. By active I
> mean regular postings from members, active discussion threads, and
> so on.
>
> If anyone could comment on any links or details of any they know of,
> or are members of, that would be great.
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Ken
>
> Ken Banks
> Founder, kiwanja.net and FrontlineSMS
>
> "Where technology meets anthropology, conservation and development"
>
> Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kiwanja

Katrin Verclas
MobileActive.org
katrin@mobileactive.org

skype/twitter: katrinskaya
(347) 281-7191

A global network of people using mobile technology for social impact
http://mobileactive.org