Re: Additional feedback on the roadmap doc

Hello Stephane, all,
   Sorry for mixing both comments and corrections in the same doc...Went
with the flow... Will separately list them along with my final review before
the next call.....

Meanwhile, here is a positive news regarding localization from India.....

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2009/09/24/stories/2009092452120100.htm

Considering the fact that 2 of the local languages (Hindi & Bengali) feature
in the top ten spoken languages, globally (while completely missing out in a
similar list for languages on Internet) I think this is a major step.

It's also worth mentioning that a government agency (http://www.ildc.in/)
came up with fonts for the Indian languages, thereby emphasizing on the role
that governments can play in developing technologies (and not being mere
policy makers) to support social development using ICT.

By the way, how do we define a lesser-known language? Can we get a reference
to this? Is the emphasis on lesser-known or less-spoken? I think these are
not the same because lesser-known begs the question, less known to whom? The
developer, the end-user or people from a particular geography? It's
relative....

Regards
Renjish