Re: Framework Notes

From: Kai Hendry <hendry@iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 16:03:13 +0100
To: public-mw4d@w3.org

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 3:30 PM,  <Lauri.K.Hirvonen@nokia.com> wrote:
> not available in developing countries. This has led to
> a development in Nokia, that you can use the mobile phone
> as server. So your mobile service can be run from mobile
> phone. Nokia has released a beta-version of this mobile
> server.

I.e. a local httpd on the mobile device? This is easy to do on the
maemo platform, but I don't know if it makes sense on low end mobiles.

So a more peer to peer Web? :)

Do you have a link to the Nokia project?

> 4) To develop these mobile services you often need a PC
> (or Mac) to code the new service application. This has
> led to development, that you can develop a mobile service
> application by your mobile phone. This is in development.
> I expect the announcement to be done later this year.

I find it amazing if people can implement a Web service using the
typical poor inputs of a mobile phone.

I imagine that people will implement services with low cost PCs
(EEEPC) and LAMP technologies running alongside those Squid caching
instances I talking about earlier:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mw4d/2008Jun/0014.html