Re: The MusicXML challenge and Chords - "open commands" - the user/producer is totally reponsible for content, programming and test

Wonder if the problem could be solved by having half open and total open
commands (like in Midi).
The idea is to move the problems from the MusicXML specification to the
people doing and
using some special construction like notes written in a spiral. Data is
hexadecimal data.

E.g. a "half open contruct".

<bitmap PositionType=relative, X=56, Y=56, Rotation=90,
Type=transparent> 8A6554876F.....</bitmap>

or

<soundfont 8A6554876F.............../>

(Just examples - there is already an <image>-definition)

And a total open construct - the user is reponsible for all the data,
but must have an
account on W3 - the user name shall be identification of the user and
item. Data is just
hexadecimal data.

E.g. the user has created an account on W3 with username SpiralGalaxy
and the command should be like:

<data user=SpiralGalaxy, version=1, subversion=1, id="5">
9AFa679867454547FD45..........    </data>

<plugin finale=SpiralGalaxy.plugin, musescore=SpiralGalaxy.museplugin
...../>

Music notation programs shall preserve this data, whenever possible -
but ignore data.
(unless the program knows how to interpret the data.)

And the originator of the data is responsible for definining the
structure, accept
edited files from common notation programs (not crash if a note is
added) and maybe
even making plugins for notation programs.

Kind regards
Mogens